Ahad, 2 Ogos 2009

Subject this semester



Hello everybody, how are you? I hope you all in a good health. This week I’m going to tell you about my subjects this semester. As you already know, I’m currently studying at UiTM Segamat, Johor and taking a course of Diploma in Banking in the third semester now.

Firstly, I will introduce about my subject category. There are seven subjects that I must take in this semester, and there are Finance, Macro economy, Statistic, BEL, CTU, Mandarin and including one of these seven is Co-curriculum, Civil Defence (JPAM). These seven subject are placed according their credit hour, which mean the higher credit hour, the longer will be the contact hour in the classroom.

My higher credit hour for subject this semester is Finance 262, which is 4.0 credit hour. For this subject, the assessment have test 1 (15%), test 2 (15%), participation (5%), assignment (5%) and final examination is 60%. Even though it is only a fundamental, but the result will affect the pointer. It will show the higher increases or decreases in pointer. So, I think I must score this subject to increase my pointer or at least to maintain it. My lecturer for this subject is Mr. Syamsul. He is a good lecturer and give a good impression to his student but so strict in his class.

My second higher credit hour for subject this semester is Macro economy 211, which is 3.0 credit hour. This subject continuous assessment is 40% that divided by mid-term test 20%, quizzes 10% and assignments 10%. The final examination is 60% that have part A for objective question 20%, part B for simple case 10%, calculation 20%, and basic concept 10%. Then, part C is essay question is 40%. This subject actually is a continues subject from my previous semester that is Micro economy. I like to learn economy and I will try the best to get the higher marks for this subject. My lecturer for this subject is Prof. Madhya Abdullah. He is also a strict lecturer when in his class.

Next, for subject Statistic 216, it is also have the 3.0 credit hour. For this subject it is has only 40% for carry marks. Divided by test 1 (10%), test 2 (10%), project (10%) and assignment & quizzes (10%). Final examinations have 60% marks. This is a calculation subject and some of it is note. So, it is strongly need to remember all formula in this subject in order to fully-understand when learning it. This is another one of subject that I must score and get the highest mark for the final examination. My lecturer for this subject is Miss Arfah Binti Ahmad. She is a kind and good lecturer and always gives a smile to everybody.

Then, about this BEL English for Academic Purpose subject, it is also in the same as other subjects that have 3.0 credit hour. The on-going assessment is 60% that divided by written assignment for 30% (pair work of outline-5%, first draft-10%, final draft-15%), speaking test 20% that must have group of four student, discuss on a problem solving situation, 5 minutes for preparation and 15-20 minutes for discussion. Then, for next 10% that will be attendance punctuality, participation and timely submission of assignments. The final examinations have only 40%. The paper is in 3 hours and has part A for reading (20%) and part B for writing (20%). These carry marks will given by lecturer. This language subject is important to learn because we will apply it in our daily life. So, I will put an effort to learn and apply to use this language in future soon although I’m not so good in it. My lecturer for this subject is Mr. Izuan Bin Ismail. He is always guiding his student in how to use the language in a proper condition.

Moreover, I’m also take subject CTU 241 for Islamic Economic. This subject is actually given a directory about how to manage economy in an Islamic perspective. The credit hour for this subject is 2.0. Student also must learn Islamic Economic beside from knowing Conventional Economic only. Even though the credit hour given is only 2.0, but it is an important subject that every student should and must score it. The lecturer that teaches this subject in my class is Ustaz Kamarulzaman Bin Sulaiman.

For this semester, I also must take another one language subject and I prefer to take subject Mandarin BMD101. The credit hour given for this subject is also 2.0. It is quite easy to learn this language from the beginning and I’m also like to learn it. The lecturer that teaches this subject is Mr. Lim Yoon Chong. He is a happening and a kind person.

Lastly, for subject Co-curriculum, I choose Civil Defence from the beginning since me from semester 1 and I must take it until this semester. Actually for this subject, it is an indoor and outdoor class because the learning method in this subject is learn and practical. It is comprise of all technique to rescue people in incident or emergency. The credit hour is only 1.0. This subject is taught by professional coach from the Civil Defence it own.

In a conclusion, I have to study properly to get the good result and to achieve a higher pointer. I have to put an effort because I have three more semesters at here and to prepare myself to face the upcoming challenge. Until here then, we meet again later in another time. Bye.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan